(Updated 10 March 2009)
Revolution Galleries Ltd ("T/A Cost Plus Sofas") a company incorporated in UK.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we may use personal information that we may obtain about you. By using this Cost Plus Sofas web site generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you use this site some of our services may require further details, for example, when using the Check out Services, this may require further information in order for us to contact you when your goods are ready to deliver.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
a) to administer our website services;
b) for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing program. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We would like to keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) together with those of other companies and organisations, by any of the following methods:
· telephone (including automated calls)
·or otherwise (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you.
c) to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
4. When you use Cost Plus Sofas to buy your favorite furniture, we ask you to provide information related to each transaction, consisting of the amount of the transaction, the email address, phone number, delivery address and your card details or PayPal login. We do not retain this information for each of your transactions through Cost Plus Sofas. PayPal process this transaction for us and they keep each of your transactions through PayPal and may add this information to your account profile to be used for future transactions that you may make with us. They also collect the Internet address (IP address) and other identifying information about the computer or device you use to access your PayPal account, in order to help detect possible instances of unauthorised transactions
Disclosure of Your Information
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
a) to employees and agents of Cost Plus Sofas to administer any products and services provided to you by Cost Plus Sofas now or in the future;
b) agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
c) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
d) to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
e) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable Republic of Ireland’s data protection legislation.
7. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your basket will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser program your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.aboutcookies.org (CostPlusSofas.com is not responsible for the content of external websites. This link will open a new window.). Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the program which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
8. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers and only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website.
9. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
10. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our wilful default.
11. You have the right to access personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a small fee. Requests should be directed to the address below. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us (see details below).
12. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the Cost Plus Sofas mailing list (Opt-out)?
13. All marketing communications sent by us or our partners, will carry the option for you to Opt-Out of any future correspondence of this nature. However this will not stop us from using your contact information to communicate specific information regarding your purchase, service and or payment arrangements